Friday, December 07, 2012

The off season is always a challenge for me. I usually take October off, then start my base training for the races I like to do in late January and February. Every year I plan on doing some weight training in the winter along with running and every year I do weights for about 2 weeks and quit. This time is different. Last summer, I was introduced to CrossFit. I only did it a few times since it was during my summer events, but I was hooked. For me it is a tremendously hard workout that I can barely survive, but it concentrates on my weak areas, upper body and hip flexers. Also, my trainer is there to continually push me through the workouts. If I do weights on my own, I never reach the levels I do now with someone making me. Anyway, I've been doing CrossFit religiously twice a week, but now I haven't been running enough. I do our Thursday night beer run and a Saturday long run, but I haven't been able to get back on schedule for my runs during the week. If I keep this up, I'm going to be ueber strong, but not able to run more than 20 miles! So next week, I'm going to run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. That will do it!

0 comments: